Saturday, August 11, 2012

2012 Artisan Finalist Blog Hop - Day 3

Time for Day 3 of our Artisan Finalist projects - are you enjoying the blog hop so far? I have seen SO many amazing projects from these ladies already and it's only been two days! I can't wait to see the rest of their projects.

Did you just come from Connie's blog? Wasn't her project gorgeous?

I think this was my favorite card in my Artisan entry. I wanted to include some of my favorite techniques in my entry and one of my very favorite things to do is to sew with my sewing machine. Not so much on fabric - on PAPER! :) And I sewed a bunch on this one. First I started with a long card, then added my First Edition designer series paper (with scalloped punched edges) to the card. Then I added three bunched rows of ribbon of different shades of green and sewed them all on with different stitching styles.

Then I two-step stamped and punched the petals and leaves also out of the First Edition designer series paper. And did you know the designer series paper curls really easily if you wrap it around a pencil? I added a few stacked dimensionals in the middle of each curled petal to make them 3-D. Then I added a brad in the middle of the flower. If you know me, you know I had to add a little bling to it, so I used some clear Dazzling Details on the inside yellow part of the flower petals, it's just a little hard to see it in the picture.

OK, time to go visit Melissa Stout (#3) and see what creative goodness she has to share with you today and thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!

1. Connie Collins
2. Holly VanDyne (you are here!)
3. Melissa Stout
4. Amy O'Neill
5. Sandie Connor
6. Amy Rogers
7. Mercedes Weber
8. Tara (Murphy) Bourgoin
9. Mindy Bingamon


4 comments:

Tara Bourgoin said...

Beautiful Holly! I love all the stitching on this one and the mix of ribbons.

Amy O said...

This is a fun card, Holly! I love the way you used the different ribbons and stitching.

Connie Collins said...

I am a big fan of stitching on cards too...you have inspired me to get out my machine. Beautiful card.

Amy Rogers said...

I'm inspired to stamp on designer paper now - I saw another project in this blog hop that showcased the same technique. The card is lovely! I'm going to have to use my sewing machine for more than just fabric.